The terms “we”, “us”, and “our” refer to Bimeda, and the terms “you” or “yours” refers to you, as user of the Sites.
COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
In general, we collect three types of information:
- Personal data you actively give to us (for example, during registration, sweepstakes, or content submission) through your access to or usage of the Sites. Your personal data includes information that could be used to identify you, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, etc.
- Personal data/information we automatically collect about your computer or wireless devices (such as IP address, cookie ID, or other unique device identifiers).
- Personal data/information we collect from third parties, including through third-party social media providers with whom you have registered.
How We Collect Information
We collect personal data/information directly from you:
- If you register for our Sites or sign up for our Newsletter(s).
- If you use an online forum, submit feedback data or provide us with comments or reviews
- If you upload or share a photo, submit information, or post other digital content through one of our Sites or via social media interactions on third party websites
- If you participate in a Bimeda-sponsored sweepstakes, contest, promotion, program, clinic or workshop
- If you apply or inquire about employment with Bimeda
- We may also collect location data obtained from your IP address or your smart device and collect information about you and your use of the Sites through the use of "cookies (see below).
In operating its business Bimeda will collect and gather the following categories of personal data/information (not an exhaustive list):
- Identity Data such as first name, surname, gender, date of birth.
- Contact Data such as address, e-mail address, telephone number.
- Financial Data such as your payment card details, bank details, VAT number, information about payments to and from you and other details of goods/ products you have purchased from us.
- Profile and Technical Data, in cases only where our Web Site (www.bimedaus.com) is used, such as your username and password, as internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology.
HOW WE USE THIS INFORMATION
We use your personal data/information in the following ways:
- We will collect and use your Identity; Contact; Profile and Financial Data to perform our contract with you (e.g. purchase of goods/services)/to fulfill a request made by you/to facilitate your use of our services and/or to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation.
- Where our Site has been used, we will collect and use Profile and Technical for data analytics purposes to improve the Site, products/services, marketing, user/Customer relationships and experience. This is necessary for our legitimate interest to ensure our Web Site content is presented in an effective manner for you and for your computer/device.
- We will collect and use Identity; Contact and Technical Data to administer and protect our business and our Site which is necessary (i) for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganization or group restructuring exercise and (ii) to comply with a legal obligation.
- Bimeda will collect and use your personal data/information to improve the content of the Sites, to customize the Site to your preferences, to create a profile about you in order to show you content that may be of interest to you, to provide the services and features requested by you and, if you ask us, to send you information about products, services, features, or promotions that may be of interest to you.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
Sharing Information With Third Parties
When you provide personal data/information to Bimeda we sometimes make it accessible to certain third party service providers to perform a variety of services on our behalf. We may share such personal data with the parties or as below:-
- any third party that is necessary in the performance of our contract with you (i.e. delivery companies, couriers, parties to whom you have expressly consented the information to be provided to for the performance of the contract);
- professional advisors such as accountants, auditors, lawyers, bankers, insurers, and other outside professional advisors;
- other entities that perform certain tasks on our behalf and who are under our control (“Service Providers”). This is required in order to operate our business and provide and manage our Site. Such Service Providers include IT systems suppliers and support, data storage, IT developers, insurance, credit card companies, data analysis firms, payment processors, and other service providers necessary for the performance of our services;
- other entities such as our co-promote partners for services that we jointly develop and/or market with other companies. Some Service Providers may collect personal data on our behalf;
- with your consent or at your direction or request;
There may also be instances where Bimeda may share your personal data with other third-parties, for example, if we are required to do so because of an applicable law, court order or governmental regulation; if such disclosure is otherwise necessary in support of any legal investigation or proceeding here or abroad; in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or other agreements; and to protect the rights, safety and/or property of Bimeda or our customers; and
Sharing With Bimeda Affiliates
We may target our marketing messaging depending on information we have about you. We may also personalize our Web Site based on your interests. If we use your email address to send you email messages related to a product or service for which you have requested information or to send you marketing emails with products or services that we think you might like, you can always change your mind and ask us to stop emailing you. You can do so by following the link to “Unsubscribe” in our emails or otherwise contacting us.
If we use your phone number to call you or send you a text message in connection with a product or service for which you have signed up, you can change your mind and ask us not to call you anymore. If you have received a text message from us, you can unsubscribe by following the instructions within the text message, or by responding with the word, “Stop.”
You can opt out of any marketing communications from us at any time by contacting Bimeda under the “Contact Us” Section below.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We maintain reasonable administrative, physical and technological measures to protect the confidentiality and security of personal information you submit on or through this Site. You acknowledge and agree that no organization can guarantee the absolute security of personal data, and any transmission of personal data is at your own risk. Although Bimeda makes a genuine effort to ensure the security of information and transactions conducted on this Site, it cannot and does not guarantee communications and transactions conducted online will be secure. You acknowledge this and that system failures may limit your ability to use the online services. You agree to assume all risk and liability arising from your use of Bimeda’s online services, including the risk posed by any breach in the security of communications and transactions you conduct with Bimeda online.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF THIRTEEN
This Site is not intended for children under the age of thirteen without the permission of a parent or guardian. If you believe that a child has submitted personal information on or through this Site without the consent and supervision of a parent or guardian, please inform us about it by contacting Bimeda under the “Contact Us” Section below.
You may change previously expressed preferences regarding how we use personal data/ information you provide on or through this Site. For example, if you have provided your contact information and receive periodic emails from us, you may decide to stop receiving those emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in an email’s footer. You can also contact us using the information provided below.
UPDATING, CORRECTING AND ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
It is important that the personal data/information we hold is accurate and current. Please keep us informed, using the relevant contact details if any of your personal data changes during your relationship with us. It is your responsibility to keep your personal data up to date at all times.
You may update, correct and/or access your information by contacting Bimeda under the “Contact Us” Section below. In order to protect your data from unauthorized access or alteration by third parties, all requests to update, access or correct your information will be subject to verification of the identity of the requesting individual.
DATA PROTECTION LAWS
Bimeda Inc. is a U.S. corporation. The servers that support this Site may be located in the United States or other countries. Data protection laws vary from country to country; however, we will process your information in accordance with this Policy no matter where your data is stored. If you are located in a country outside the United States, by using this Site you consent to the transfer of your information to the United States or anywhere else in the world.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Certain California privacy laws, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), require that we provide California residents with specific information about how we use their personal information/data.
Categories of Personal Information that We Collect and/or Disclose
Below please find the categories of personal data about California residents that we may collect and/or disclose to third parties or service providers for a business purpose:
- NAME, CONTACT INFORMATION AND IDENTIFIERS: Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
- CUSTOMER RECORDS: Paper and electronic customer records containing personal information, such as name, signature, address, telephone number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information.
- PURCHASE HISTORY AND TENDENCIES: Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- USAGE DATA: Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a resident’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
- AUDIO/VISUAL: Photographs and videos.
- PROFILES AND INFERENCES: Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about a resident reflecting the resident’s preferences, characteristics, and predispositions.
Residents of California have the right under the CCPA to make the following requests, up to twice in a twelve month (12) period:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data/information that we have collected about you in the prior 12 months.
- The right to request details about the categories of personal data/information we collect, the categories of sources, the business or commercial purposes for collecting information, and the categories of third parties with which we share information.
- The right to request deletion of the personal data/information that we have collected about you, subject to certain exemptions.
- The right to opt-out of sale of your personal data/information, in the event Bimeda ever decides to sell your personal data/information.
The CCPA prohibits discrimination against California consumers for exercising their rights under the CCPA and imposes requirements on any financial incentives offered to California consumers related to their personal data/information, unless the different prices, rates, or quality of goods or services are reasonably related to the value of the consumer’s data. We do not discriminate against any consumers who elect to exercise their CCPA rights.
Bimeda Inc. Head Office
One Tower Lane, Suite 2250
Oakbrook Terrace, IL
You can contact us by post at the above address, by email at
Effective from 1 January 2020